Thursday, April 25, 2013

Duck of The Month Club - and Other Website Woes

This blog was supposed to be all about our newly launched website.  It was supposed to be two months ago.  Website Woes.

We got close, we almost had it up and running (finally, after endless mistakes, glitches and tweaks) - and then this happened last week on Google search:



pippasrealtea.com/catalog/duck-month-club/
We'll send you a new duck every month for FIFTY FIVE YEARS! Can you handle it?


Um, no, I can't, as it turns out.  

Nor can I handle this:



For the record, I do not ship ducks, randy or otherwise, to your door, especially for the ridiculously low price of $13.00.  I would charge at least double that amount.

So, sadly, four months (and let's not even mention how many $$) later, we're back where we started - with a Coming Soon page. 

www.pippasrealtea.com

However, our new web developer, the talented and tech-savvy Ezra Moore, assures me we will be up and running as soon as he can round up Molly Mallard and Rick Ruddy and send them back to the cyber duck farm, preferably plucked and ready to roast. 


 Website Woes.

 

2 comments:

  1. Well I'll be quacked!

    Lon and I were speaking of you just this morning, wondering how you are and how things were going.

    Talk about having your ducks in a row.... ;)

    All the wasted time and money notwithstanding, this is hilarious. Yeah, I know...easy for me to say...but still...

    A thirteen dollar duck?? From Pippa's??? Fine. I'd like mine crispy, please.

    There's a song lyric here somewhere...a country song, I think... "I signed up not knowing his feet were webbed, and now I'm just an in duck tea."

    Hang in there and give Dan a hug for me!

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Peggy, I love it! Miss you. Time to get you out here again. Fire up that ol' guitar girl!

      Delete