Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Countdown

A lot of people have been asking me how I'm doing these days.  It could be the bags under my eyes or the strange bump that's appeared on my cheek bone which someone suggested might be a bite.  Great.  Another thing to think about in the wee small hours.  Are there any poisonous spiders in the Pacific Northwest? Will I feel better or worse if I know the answer to this?

Okay, thank you for asking.  Here's how I'm doing.  Last night I dreamed that Hilary Clinton begged me to cater a Lutheran Wedding.  There were meatballs involved.  That's how I'm doing.

We have set the date for Opening!  I'm not telling you when that is!  Mainly because the minute I do something else will happen to push it back another week.  Stainless steel seems to figure prominently in the latest delay ....

I will tell you I am putting together a supremely talented TEAm of Mavens and Bakers.

The kitchen floor is down (it's ugly, I hate it) the sexy fireplace is in (it's gorgeous, I love it) and the painting will be finished this week (I have no idea - you'll tell me when you see it.)

In the meantime,


 Well, kinda, sorta. 



7 comments:

  1. Hang in there girl...."Everything will be all right in the end. If it's not all right, then it's not the end."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never knew Lutherans were so into meatballs? Don't fret. Soon you will be serving teas and snacks in a space of peace and serenity. Doing so, you will look back fondly on this time of shear madness and unpredictable changes as - oh wait, you are opening a hospitality based business. Check that; soon you will be serving teas and snacks, in a space full of shear madness and unpredictable changes, as you look back fondly on this time of peace and serenity. Raise your cup to capitalism - gotta love the small business owner. Keep the faith. The fun is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I just HAD to look at the spider link and now I feel all creepy and nervous as my head is swiveling. I hate spiders and snakes. I need a cup of tea....

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so excited for you!!!! I can't wait to head back over to the penninsula when it is opened!
    Best to you :)
    Christine~ The foccasia lady..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Pippy!! I've been missing your blog...going to have to go back to see pictures. How thrilling that you've set an opening date! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to come in and try some of the teas you will be offering. I think it will look great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie - can't wait to give you a free tea tasting! Stay tuned.

      Delete